Who doesn’t get a hankering for a good gingerbread cookie during the holiday season?! I know I do!
But sometimes I skip the cookie and make this delicious smoothie instead. It keeps me much better energized and satiated and my hips and waistline usually thank me.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon ground flax or chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 scoop unflavored protein (GSGLife is my preferred brand)
- stevia to taste, optional
- ice, optional
- Blend almond milk and spinach until well mixed.
- Add in all other ingredients and blend well again.
- Add stevia to taste if needed.
- Use ice cubes to thicken and more almond milk to thin.