1. I love that your decadence tastes sinfully delicious, yet you are the healthiest of fats.
2. I love that you help make my skin more beautiful. (The antioxidants in avocados help manage internal toxins that promote premature aging and wrinkling of the skin.)
3. I love to use you as a spread on my Angelic Bakehouse or Ezekial sprouted toast with a sprinkle of sea salt, lime juice, cilantro and red pepper flakes.
4. I love that you help make my hair shiny. (One avocado mashed and mixed with one egg and your favorite essential oil is great for conditioning your hair. The healthy oils in the avocado help to moisturize and soften dry, brittle hair, and the Vitamin E helps to restore natural shine. To obtain these benefits simply massage the avocado and egg mixture into your hair and scalp and leave in for about 20 minutes. Then wash and condition with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.)
5. I love to use you in my salads. ANY kind of salad.
6. I love to use you in my wraps (or sandwiches) in place of mayo.
7. I love that you complete me. (Avocados provide all 18 essential amino acids necessary for the body to form a complete protein. Unlike the protein in steak, which may be difficult for many to digest, avocado protein is readily absorbed by the body because avocados also contain fiber. Avocados have the highest protein content of any fruit (yes, they are a fruit!)
8. I love to use you in my smoothies to add some creamy richness.
9. I love to scramble you in my egg omelet for a super simple, quick, energizing breakfast.
10. I love that you help me with my ABC’s. (Avocados contain an alphabet of vitamins including A, B6, C, E, and K along with an enormous amount of potassium and “healthy” fat. Perhaps the biggest health benefit of avocados is that by adding them to certain foods, you can improve the absorption of nutrients. This means stat when you combine other fat burning foods with avocados, you can improve your nutrient absorption up to 400%!)
Oh, yes, I truly do love thee.
PS. Grab a copy of my FREE Eating for Energy e-book while it’s available! Perhaps this will help you identify some of your obstacles and habits. www.betterhealthbyheather.com
Heather Ferber is a Certified Holistic Health Coach and detox specialist helping busy moms to get fresh, focused and energized so they can enjoy better health, balanced hormones, healthier kids and more calm in the kitchen. She has appeared on WISN Channel 12’s morning news to share her kitchen tips, tricks and recipes. You can find her on FB at www.facebook.com/betterhealthbyheather or on the web at www.betterhealthbyheather.com