In the hustle bustle of my daily routine, I’m committed to consuming as many energizing whole foods as I can fit in. Honestly, when you read my list, it’s not that difficult to do! And these foods can do so much to boost not only our energy, but our brains, moods and metabolism as well.
Here’s my Top 10 List, in no particular order:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – an excellent internal digestive aid and detoxifier. Improve your digestive processes and improve your body’s ability to absorb more of the nutrients and minerals it needs. I prefer Bragg’s brand and I mix 1 cup of room temp water, 1 tablespoon of ACV, the juice from half a lemon (which then covers another energizing food booster – see#2) and a hint of stevia/honey if desired. This little concoction will wake you right up in the morning and have you zipping out the door.
- Lemon – an alkalizing condiment packed with loads of vitamin C that your liver will love. Powerful antibacterial properties that will keep bugs at bay and have you feel tip-top instead of battling those colds.
- Almond butter – rich in monounsaturated fats that will help keep your heart happy and healthy. A good ticker always helps with the exercise routine which keeps those energy levels up all day.
- Apples – take #3 and slather a bit on your apple for an energizing boost. The pectin in the apples may help the body’s insulin system. Balanced blood sugars lead to better energy and more stable moods. What busy mama doesn’t want that?!
- Blueberries – loaded with antioxidants that can help boost immune as well as neutralize free radicals, these dark beauties keep the brain feeling good and the belly looking flatter. SO easy to take on the run and enjoy at any time of the day.
- Dark Leafy Greens – the #1 food missing from our Westernized Standard American Diets. So sad! Dark leafy greens are a powerhouse of fiber, vitamins, minerals and other plant-based substances that can pack a powerful punch in improving your energy and overall health. Don’t love them? Find a way to sneak them in (perhaps you should host an Ultimate Green Smoothie Class!) Or check out my Raw Love smoothie recipe.
- Seeds – chia, flax, hemp, pumpkin – these seeds of life are excellent sources of omega 3’s and plant based proteins which can be used as an alternative to animal proteins. Also good sources of zinc, magnesium, iron, manganese, and potassium which are all necessary to maintain intricate energizing enzymatic reactions in the body.
- Grapefruit – one of my all time favorites! High fiber, low calorie and tons of vitamin C. Easy to eat for breakfast and delicious with a drizzle of almond butter on top. They can help with fatigue and weightloss (which both impact energy levels).
- Green Tea – it’s all about the catechin (antioxidant) content which can aid in lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and stabilizing blood sugars. Honestly, I think taking any type of “tea break” for a few minutes, on a daily basis, would be re-invigorating for so many friends.
- Garlic – now if you are sitting next to me, and I smell, you know why 🙂 I am a garlic lover! It can boost immune, shorten a cold, help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol, and it can hep you to detoxify. All benefits that can help maintain solid energy status.
These are foods that are all SO EASY to add into your daily diet.
Feel free to share below which ones you are adding in today.