Who doesn’t love acorn squash, especially when it’s combined with tantalizing ginger, cinnamon and yummy veggies?!
This Stuffed Acorn Squash with Spinach recipe is the perfect winter meal to thaw your bones, nourish your soul, and push those pesky toxins OUT of your system. It’s stuffed with one of my favorite awesome greens, spinach, which contains loads of fiber to help you release toxin loaded waste, tons of flavonoids which are cancer fighting warriors, and loads of antioxidants including selenium, zinc, magnesium, and vitamins E and C.
It also contains ginger and garlic. Ginger fights fat cells and helps you lose weight. It’s fantastic for nutrient absorption and helps your cells get the vitamins and minerals they need. The garlic helps fight cold and flus by boosting your immunity. Who doesn’t want that this winter season?!
And don’t forget the big daddy of this dish – the acorn squash! Acorn squash is wonderful in the winter months, and like garlic, it also boosts your immune system. It’s a healthy carbohydrate choice which will make your cell smile with all it’s vitamins and minerals. Acorn squash also has loads of potassium which gives the heart a hand in maintaining healthy blood pressure.
Ready to rock this recipe and release toxins?! Here’s how to make it:
- 1 large acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1" piece of fresh ginger, grated (OR 1-2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups spinach
- BAKE SQUASH. Preheat your oven to 400°F for 10 minutes. Slice your acorn squash in half from the stem to the tip. Remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Add the coconut oil, ginger, cinnamon and sea salt to the flesh of the squash.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with sautéed spinach.
- PREPARE SAUTEED SPINACH. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a sauté pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add washed spinach.
- Sauté for another 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve with acorn squash.
Ready for more detox recipes like this one? And inspiration to lose those 5 pounds that crept on during the holidays season?
Then learn more about the Love Yourself Winter Detox, kicking off January 21st. Join me for an AWESOME detox experience this winter! Sign up for my newsletter today to get all the details!