Hungarian Mushroom Soup
A beautiful blend of anti-angiogenic foods for the fall season.
Author: Heather Ferber
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 ½ pounds of assorted mushrooms
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 6 cups organic veggie broth
- 6 small purple potatoes, chopped
- 3 medium stems bok choy (white and green parts), chopped
- salt to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in mushrooms and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are very soft.
- Add veggie broth, potatoes, paprika, and dill.
- Cover and bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat and continue to simmer until potatoes are softened.
- Add bok choy last with about 10 minutes to cook.
- Remove from heat.
- Add salt to taste.
- If you’d like a little creaminess for a special treat, add a dollop of Greek yogurt when serving.