Heather's Lean & Mean Black Bean Brownies
My boys do not love black beans by themselves...yet....but this is one way they LOVE them.
Author: Heather Ferber
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack, Beans
- 1 15 ounce can black beans (drained)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Chocolate chips, shaved dark chocolate, cacao nibs, nuts, OPTIONAL
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor (except chocolate chips, et al) and process until very smooth.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips or option items.
- Pour batter into a greased 8" square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 mins (may vary depending on oven).
- Use toothpick test for doneness.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you need to entice some very finicky eaters to try them.