Author: Heather Ferber
Serves: 6 people
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1-2 small russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 small or medium head of cauliflower, stem removed & cut into florets
- 3 large bulbs of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, white part chopped
- 3 cups of organic chicken broth (or more depending on what consistency you like)
- ¼ cup cashews (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste
- scallions/avocado/curried quinoa/sunflower seeds to top - use your imagination!
- Pierce potatoes with fork. Bake at 400 for 45 mins or until tender.
- Allow potatoes to cool and then peel.
- In pot, on medium heat, heat EVOO and sauté garlic, onions, and leeks until soft.
- Add in cauliflower and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and cook until cauliflower has softened.
- Add in cooked potatoes.
- Add in cashews if desired.
- Use an immersion blender/Vitamix to puree until smooth. Use extra broth/water to thin to desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with healthy condiments of your choice! Avocado, scallions, curried quinoa, and sunflower seeds all taste great.