Nothing better than simple snacks to take on the run as a busy mama, especially this time of year as the kiddos are heading back to school!
One of my all time favorites (and my kiddos too) are Energy Orbs. You can get my original recipe here.
Going to provide a few new combinations this week for those of who you are moving beyond the basics and wanting a little variety in your orb world.
Let’s start with Vanilla Orbs!
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 8 Medjool dates, soaked
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup protein powder (I uses GSGLife Vanilla Protein)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- ⅛ cup water
- ¼ cup cocoa, optional
- SOAK THE INGREDIENTS - Soak pumpkin seeds and dates in water for 15 minutes and drain.
- COMBINE - Place pumpkin seeds and dates in the blender and blend until well combined. Add water slowly as needed.
- Place mixture in big bowl and add protein powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Form into 10+ round balls. Serve and store in airtight container in refrigerator.
For additional information on GSGLife products, please see my GSG website.